PATIENTS RIGHTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Patients will be treated with courtesy & respect by all members of staff
- Patients medical conditions will be managed according to the highest standards as defined by the profession
- Patients will receive appropriate information about their condition & treatment
- NHS treatment should be readily available locally where this is feasible
- Patients with problems which are considered urgent will be seen the same day
- Patients will be able to see a doctor or other healthcare professional within 48 hours
- Patients should attend for their appointments at the arranged time. If this is not possible the surgery should be informed as soon as possible
- Patients should understand that a separate appointment is needed for each person
- Requests for help and advice for non urgent matters should be made during surgery hours only. We would request that patients treat the staff and doctors with courtesy and respect.
Please bear in mind that the reception staff have a very difficult job to do and they have may have to ask questions in order to direct you to the appropriate service
Please note that persistent failure to attend for appointments, or cancellation in good time, may result in removal from the practice list.
VIOLENT OR ABUSIVE PATIENTS
The Practice operates a zero tolerance policy towards violence and abuse. The staff, patients, carers and visitors in the Practice have the right to work and be cared for in a safe and supportive environment.
Both verbal and physical violence against our staff is a crime and we will press for the maximum possible penalty for anyone who behaves in a violent or abusive way. The Practice will contact the police if they feel that it is appropriate.