Coronavirus October 2020
If you are experiencing symptoms of Coronavirus including a new continuous cough, high temperature or loss of taste or smell please visit www.111.nhs.uk/covid-19 and follow the Government guidelines.
To ensure we protect our staff and patients we have made some additional changes to our services.
- You can now only enter the building by using the door intercom system, you should not enter the building unless absolutely necessary.
- Face coverings must be worn when entering the building, this includes, scarfs and masks.
- All requests for GP appointments and advice will only be dealt with by submission of an online consultation eConsult.
- No more than 3 people in the waiting room at any time
- Prescriptions should be ordered online by downloading the NHS or MyGP app or by using Patient Access. If ordering in person they should be put through the letterbox. Do not enter the building to hand a prescription in.
- We are asking ALL patients to nominate a pharmacy so that your prescription can be sent electronically to your chosen pharmacy.
We are here to help as always but you must:
- Use the service sensibly
- Remember - We are extremely busy, We are working hard in difficult and worrying times.
- Repeat medication - do not order more than you need, or order too early. There will then be less problems for everyone.
- Use eConsult - This is the quickest and preferred way to get a response from the GP. The online form allows you to ask questions and send information to the doctors (and the team). In most cases we will respond to you with a plan by phone, text message or email. We can then make safe arrangements if you do need to be seen in person.
Use Phone lines only if very urgent.
We are aiming to limit direct contact, to avoid the risk of spread and to keep everyone safe.
This is a crisis - we are in this together.
Help us to help you when you most need it. Use Health services sensibly.
Keep Safe | Stay In | Be Kind
Choosing The Right Service
Health Watch Wirral - click here
(Site updated 19/10/2020)